Well, I think we’re all recovered from the One Room Challenge, but not quite ready to dive into another big project yet. But I have some smaller DIY’s and projects up my sleeve so stay tuned for those. Now, although we touched and DIY’d just about every detail in our master bathroom, this really easy DIY art is one of my favorites and makes a big impact.
First of all, I was inspired by this art, Blush by Leise Dich Abrahamsen, which is absolutely beautiful and I almost bought it for the space but our budget didn’t allow. It’s so beautiful and graphic and my version is by no means this great.
- Canvas paper
- Paint of your choice (2 colors)
- Painter’s tape
How to Make this DIY Art:
- Tape down a piece of canvas paper
- Make a border of painter’s tape on the outer edge of the canvas paper to allow the look of a white mat
- Paint your background color (I chose Silver City by Behr)
- Let dry
- Come back and tear pieces of painter’s tape and place where you would want the background color to show through
- Paint your secondary color (this is Decadent Red by Valspar) in a funky shape over the torn painter’s tape
- Let dry
- Pull off painter’s tape and you’ll end up with something like this
What do you think? This is such an easy and affordable way to elevate a space and you can get super creative with it. And search thrift stores and Facebook marketplace for unique and quirky frames like this one.
Do you think you can handle this DIY? I think you can! If you do it, make sure to send me pictures or tag me on Instagram so I can see. I love seeing your projects. And make sure you’re subscribed so you don’t miss more easy DIY tutorials like this and some fun giveaways coming soon!